Today I am being dispatched by INJOY Stewardship Solutions to attend Leadercast Live. In an effort to aid in my personal growth and better add value to pastors and church leaders, I will be live blogging throughout. Leadercast Live is the world’s largest one-day leadership event, with more than 100,000 attendees at 700+ locations across 20 countries. It is designed for those seeking inspiration and improvement in leadership, whether you attend as an individual or with a group.
The day’s next speaker was Dr. Henry Cloud. Dr. Cloud is a clinical psychologist, leadership expert and best selling author of the books like The Power of the Other: The startling effect other people have on you, from the boardroom to the bedroom and beyond-and what to do about it and Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life. The following are 24 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from his insightful session on how purposes do not get realized:
- A vision is a desired future state.
- When you have a vision, new pathways begin to sprout in your brain. But the brain can’t get itself there.
- You need to engage talent and get the right talent.
- You then need a strategy and a plan of how to get there.
- We get distracted not by bad things but a leader has to keep people on the plan to get from here to there.
- The brain then measures the rights things and holds you accountable.
- It then fixes things it finds. That’s leadership.
- All of you probably 10s in one or two of these areas.
- A leader, if they’re not careful, will begin to build their company or team in their own image.
- We all have strengths but we also all have issues.
- You need to have a healthy disregard for the impossible. He (Larry Page of Google) got rid of the impossible voices in his head.
- Accountability puts the weight of everybody’s boss right in front of your face.
- Everybody has a boss. We need an intimate relationship with our boss. Our boss’s name is reality.
- Accountability is not a spanking. Accountability literally means to answer to a trust.
- You clear expectations that are mutually agreed upon. We then need to know when they will be met. Then how will they be inspected? Fourth, how are we going to communicate along the way so there are no surprises.
- A leader’s job is to feel reality in a positive, motivating way otherwise things can go bad.
- Bad fear is when you make people feel bad. People don’t operate well when they feel bad.
- You want to hold your people accountable in a culture where the leader steps us first.
- You’re going to run into three types of people – Wise, Fools, and Evil People.
- Wise people adjust themselves to the feedback.
- Fools do not adjust themselves to the truth. Fools adjust the truth.
- With the fool, the problem is never in the room.
- You hold wise people accountable to the work. You hold fools accountable to the consequences.
- With evil people, you go into protection mode because they will hurt you.
It has been an amazing event. Next up is the day’s final speaker Tyler Perry.
As previously mentioned, INJOY Stewardship Solutions would like to offer pastors and church leaders the FREE resource Stop Summer Slump. Click HERE or on the image to the left for your complimentary copy.