Today I am being dispatched by INJOY Stewardship Solutions to attend Leadercast Live. In an effort to aid in my personal growth and better add value to pastors and church leaders, I will be live blogging throughout. Leadercast Live is the world’s largest one-day leadership event, with more than 100,000 attendees at 700+ locations across 20 countries. It is designed for those seeking inspiration and improvement in leadership, whether you attend as an individual or with a group.
The day’s next speaker was Molly Fletcher. Molly is a sports agent, renowned public speaker and author of books like the just-released Fearless at Work: Achieve Your Potential by Transforming Small Moments into Big Outcomes and The Business of Being the Best: Inside the World of Go-Getters and Game Changers. The following are 25 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from her challenging session:
- Purpose allowed great athletes to be fearless.
- What I saw was all the little moments that prepared them for the big moments.
- There are a whole lot of moments in each day we can lean into fear.
- When we have a clear purpose it changes out behavior.
- Being fearless, the first step is finding our purpose because it suffocates fear.
- You must also be curious.
- John Smoltz was never a guy who was afraid to be uncomfortable.
- We can’t be fearless without being curious about what is possible in our lives.
- Inside of those opportunities we grow.
- We cannot be fearless without taking ownership of the things in our lives.
- When we own the story we tell ourselves, when we have the courage to change the story we tell ourselves, we can do some amazing things.
- To be fearless we must own our mistakes.
- When we are fearless things may not go as planned.
- We can’t be fearless without being a little bit resilient.
- We cannot be fearless without being present.
- Fearlessness is in the moment.
- We can’t be fearless without being intentional about managing our energy.
- Who deserves your energy?
- Managing our energy allows us to be more resilient.
- Being fearless means taking calculated risks.
- We grow when we get a little bit uncomfortable.
- We’ve got to step into our opportunities. They’re not always going to come to us.
- When we ask for advice we get a job. When we ask for a job we get advice. When we ask for advice we get business. When we ask for business we get advice.
- Little moments create really big moments.
- It’s not about achievement. It’s not about the chase. It’s what happens along the way.
Next up is Jim McKelvey.
As previously mentioned, INJOY Stewardship Solutions would like to offer pastors and church leaders the FREE resource Stop Summer Slump. Click HERE or on the image to the left for your complimentary copy.