Today I am being dispatched by INJOY Stewardship Solutions to attend Leadercast Live. In an effort to aid in my personal growth and better add value to pastors and church leaders, I will be live blogging throughout. Leadercast Live is the world’s largest one-day leadership event, with more than 100,000 attendees at 700+ locations across 20 countries. It is designed for those seeking inspiration and improvement in leadership, whether you attend as an individual or with a group.
Session 3’s first speaker was Suzy Welch. Suzy is a leadership expert and best selling author of books like 10-10-10: A Fast and Powerful Way to Get Unstuck in Love, at Work, and with Your Family and The Real-Life MBA: Your No-BS Guide to Winning the Game, Building a Team, and Growing Your Career. The following are 26 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from her inspiring session on her three favorite mistakes:
- It all comes out in the wash except you have to do the wash in the spin cycle. And sometimes you get hung out to dry.
- My parents were complete and total hippies.
- I studied harder than anyone, I studied, and I prayed on my knees (while at Harvard).
- I was fired my first day on the job.
- I thought being a leader meant being the boss, issuing edicts from on high.
- Being a leader meant lifting people up.
- You succeed in basking in the glory of your people when they succeed.
- When you become a leader, the Me Show is over. And it becomes the Us Show.
- Us always feels better than Me.
- It is better to be right than to be smart.
- To get things done you need to be right.
- Your people would rather have you be right than be smart.
- Wrap your brain up in a blanket of humility. Wrapping your brain up makes it bigger.
- I’m a wildly risk-averse person.
- I once said, “Why would I want to go into TV when I have a nice secure job in newspaper?”
- Even decision-making experts need to stay diligent.
- You’re only as expert as your last decision. So make that decision on values.
- When it comes to big decisions, do not wing it.
- Gut is pattern recognition. But God gave us our brains. So let’s make use of both.
- I was scared of being real for the world to see.
- My boss told me I was a disgrace to the university.
- She told me I would never work again and I believed her.
- There’s no such thing as a happy, phony life. If you’re going to be happy you have to be real.
- The only option for joy is authenticity.
- Don’t be afraid. Don’t be scared. Just be ready.
- Love your mistakes too. Just don’t miss out on the lessons of them
Next up is Dr. Henry Cloud. Whenever he speaks on leadership, we all should listen.
As previously mentioned, INJOY Stewardship Solutions would like to offer pastors and church leaders the FREE resource Stop Summer Slump. Click HERE or on the image to the left for your complimentary copy.