This morning, Piedmont Church’s Family Ministries Pastor Nate Galloway delivered an INCREDIBLE message on how to fathers should raise boys. Nate would know something about this as he has four incredible boys he is currently raising.
As a parent myself, I was deeply challenged by his insights and desire to impact the next generation for Christ. I felt the lessons were so important I wanted to pass them along to you. You can here the full message by clicking HERE.
The following are 16 Lessons On How Fathers Should Raise Their Sons. All quotes are from Nate himself.
- “Every family has a story and God can use any family’s story.”
- Fathers Should Be There Sons’ Biggest Cheerleaders – “My son Noah is one of the finest human beings on the planet…Jonah, if you need a compliment, he’s your man…Michael, he is a force of nature. I don’t know what he’s going to do but it’s going to be big.”
- “There’s something special about a relationship between a father and a con.”
- “My boys want to be just like me. That may be the most powerful influence on the planet.”
- “Their relationship with me will directly impact their relationship with God.”
- “189 times (in Scripture) Jesus referred to God as Heavenly Father.”
- “My boys want to be like me. I need to be like Him.”
- “I want to be the best example of my Heavenly Father I can be.”
6 Things My Boys Need
- My Love – The need to know their father loves them. It’s verbalized and it’s shown.
- My Discipline – His discipline is proof we are His children. You can’t discipline other people’s children. It says, “I care about you.”
- My Acceptance – My love is unconditional. No strings attached. We accept them no matter what. I will never stop loving them.
- My Approval – They need to hear me say, “I am proud of you.”
- My Spoken Belief In Their Life – They need to hear me say, “You can do it.”
- My Active Presence In Their Life – It says, “You matter. You are important.”
- Nate hopes to teach his sons “when I can’t they have a Heavenly Father who can.”
- “God is not a bigger version of me. God is not a reflection of me. God is the perfect version of me.”
What is one thing you can learn from Nate’s comments which would make you a better father.
Once again, this was as good a message on being a father to sons as I have ever heard. You can click HERE to watch Nate’s sermon.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!