The latest DC Entertainment film Wonder Woman is absolutely fantastic! Only the Chris Nolan-directed Batman trilogy are better DC movies than this. Gal Gadot is incredible in the title role.
Here is a quick synopsis – The movie begins with Diana as a young child training to be the warrior princess of the Amazons. An American pilot Steve Trevor, played by Chris Pine, unexpectedly crashes off their island. After being rescued by the now-adult Diana, he tells her about the war to end all wars currently taking place around the world. Diana is compelled to leave home and kill Ares, the god of war, who she feels is behind the conflict.
The action sequences, particularly when Diana crosses “no man’s land”, are incredible. The 2+ hour movie flew by. I am now looking forward to Justice League this fall…all because of Wonder Woman
The following are 19 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Wonder Woman The Movie:
- Purity Is Attractive – This movie had no language or nudity. Thank you DC for creating a family friendly movie! May Justice League be the same way.
- Excellence Matters – Wonder Woman is a great movie not because of any social messaging. It is a great movie because it is simply a great movie.
- You Gain Influence Through Competence And Grace – While Diana is obviously beautiful on the outside, what gave her influence was her grace and skill as a warrior.
- Humor Is Your Friend – The interaction between Trevor and the innocent Diana is priceless. Humor is disarming and attractive.
- Leaders Must Provide Solutions In This Dark World – Diana said, “I used to want to save the world, this beautiful place. But the closer you get, the more you see the great darkness within. I learnt this the hard way, a long, long time ago.”
- Little Devices Are Controlling Our Life – The following is an exchange between Diana and Trevor. Diana asks, “What is that?” Trevor responds, “That is a watch.” Diana replies, “What does it do?” Trevor – “It tells the time. It tells you when to sleep, to eat.” Diana wonders, “That tiny thing tells you what to do?” It kind of reminds you of cell phones today.
- Great Leaders Fight For Justice Of Those Who Are Innocent – Diana said, “I can not stand by while innocent lives are lost.”
- Great Leaders Have Great Conviction – Diana said, “It is our sacred duty to defend the world. And it is what I am going to do.”
- Great Leaders Have A Great Purpose And Have Something They Are Willing To Die For – Diana’s mother, Queen Hippolyta told her, “If you choose to leave, you may never return.” Diana acknowledged, “How will I be if I stay?”
- Functionality Matters – As Diana was finding appropriate outfits to blend into society, she said, “How can you fight in this outfit?”
- Leadership Exists To Serve People, Not Be Served – Upon meeting Diana, Etta said, “I’m Steve Trevor’s secretary.” Diana asked, “What is a secretary?” Etta answered, “I go where he tells me to go, I do what he tells me to do.” Diana noted, “Where we come from, that’s called slavery.”
- Leaders Must Lead By Influence Rather Than Position – Trevor told Diana about entering into battle, “I can’t let you do this.” To which she replied, “What I do is not up to you.”
- Great Leaders Lead By Example and Willingly Pay A Higher Price Than Others – Diana told a group of military officials, “Where I come from generals don’t hide in their offices. They stand beside their soldiers. They die with their soldiers.”
- Great Leaders Fight For Those Who Cannot Fight For Themselves – Diana told Trevor, “I will fight, for those who can not fight for themselves.”
- Leaders Should Slow Down And Appreciate Life’s Little Blessings – After trying ice cream for the very first time, Diana told the vendor, “You should be honored.”
- Successful Leaders Are Clear About Their Mission – Trevor said, “We have a mission! We can’t save everyone in this war! It’s not what we are here to do!” Diana replied, “You’re right. But it’s what I am here to do!”
- People Are Your Organization’s Only Appreciable Asset – Diana told Ares, “They’re everything you say but so much more.”
- Great Leaders Are Grace Givers – Diana added, “It’s not about what you deserve. It’s what you believe. And I believe in them (people).”
- The World Needs Loving Leaders – Diana concludes, “Only love can truly save the world.”
Once again, Wonder Woman is an incredible movie. Take your whole family and have a great time!
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!