“[Some people] are just too tunnel vision all the time and [say], ‘I’m going to succeed and kick #%* in life.’ and they just trample over everyone. The people to me who are the most powerful leaders are the ones who have great talent in whatever their field is, great conviction in their ability to teach it and act it, but an awareness and a humility and compassion for others.” – Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr, Sports Illustrated May 29, 2017
As I read Kerr’s comments, I extracted 7 Qualities Of The Most Powerful Leaders:
- The Most Powerful Leaders Have Great Talent – This speaks to their competence. They are experts at their craft.
- The Most Powerful Leaders Have Great Conviction In Their Ability – One of the greatest tools a leader has is their memory. Their confidence flows from previous accomplishment. They have been there before.
- The Most Powerful Leaders Are Teachers – They have an engaging personality, great communication skills, knowledge of the subject matter, love of people, high expectations, desire to make a difference, enthusiasm, follow-up skills, and are continual learners themselves.
- The Most Powerful Leaders Lead By Example – One of the most fundamental leadership principles is people do what people see. Powerful leaders are a pictured of the desired destination at which others should wish to arrive.
- The Most Powerful Leaders Have Great Self-Awareness – They have a clear perception of themselves, their strengths and weaknesses, and how others perceive them. Leaders with great self-awareness have influence that is continually increasing. Leaders with low self-awareness have influence that is continually decreasing.
- The Most Powerful Leaders Are Humble Leaders – Powerful leaders place the needs of the organization and the people they serve above their own personal interests.
- The Most Powerful Leaders Have Great Compassion For Others – President George Bush said, “Use power to help people. For we are given power not to advance our own purposes nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of power and it is to serve people.” The most powerful leaders serve the poor, under-resourced, those with no voice, and those who cannot defend themselves.
What is one lesson from the seven listed above that will help you increase your influence as a leader?
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!