Tonight I had the pleasure of seeing the new Tom Cruise film The Mummy. This movie is latest to join the Hollywood franchise business as it is the first of a series of monster movies which will eventually include the Invisible Man, Dracula, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon in the so-called Dark Universe.
The Mummy follows Nick Morton, played by Cruise, who steals ancient antiquities and then sells them on the black market. While in Iraq, he unearths the tomb of Egyptian princess Ahmanet, played by Sofia Boutella. What Morton does not know was Ahmanet was greedy for power and attempted to usher in the god of death. Therefore, her tomb was not a burial ground but a prison.
What ensues is a cross between the Brendon Frasier The Mummy movies, Indiana Jones and The Walking Dead. Bottom line – this movie is flat-out fun and entertainment. It is a classic summer non-stop action, popcorn movie. Just lean back for 90 minutes and enjoy the show!
The following are 13 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From The Mummy Movie Starring Tom Cruise:
- One Of A Leader’s Greatest Abilities Is Dependability – Tom Cruise just delivers one great movie after another. I always know what I’m going to get with one of his movies. There are no surprises. When I invest my $13.75 in his movie I will get $13.75 worth of entertainment. He is also one of this site’s most read actors. Check out the leadership lessons from Edge Of Tomorrow, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Jack Reacher, and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.
- Selfish Ambition Will Destroy A Leader – Ahmanet literally made a deal with the devil in her desire to rule ancient Egypt. I have seen many real-life leaders sacrifice much in the pursuit of wealth and power.
- Great Leaders Create Memorable Events – The airplane crash scene is spectacular!!! That is all I will say. Make sure you watch the video above.
- Be Sure Your Sins Will Find You Out – Dr. Henry Jekyll, played by Russell Crowe, runs a SHEILD-like organization called Prodigium and serves as the movie’s guide and conscience. Therefore, most of the leadership quotes are from him. His first insightful comment was, “The past cannot remain buried forever.”
- Leaders Either Serve Themselves Or Serve Others – Jenny, an archeologist played by Annabelle Wallis, told Morton, “My life’s work and you’re going to steal it.”
- Great Leaders Have Great Plans For Those On Their Team – Morton’s friend Chris Vail said, “You can’t run. You can’t escape. She’s got plans for you.”
- Great Leaders Expose Their Those On Their Teams To New Experiences And Ideas – Dr. Jekyll told Morton, “Welcome to a new world of gods and monsters.”
- There Are Great Consequences (Good Or Bad) To A Leader’s Actions. This Is The Power Of Influence. – Dr. Jekyll noted, “Because of your actions, this ancient power has returned.”
- Great Leaders Bring Great Clarity To Their Organizations – Dr. Jekyll instructed Morton about their role when dealing with monsters, “We recognize, examine, contain, (and) destroy.”
- You Should Not Hire Employees. You Should Select Them. This Will Change How They View Themselves. – Dr. Jekyll advised Morton, “You are alive because you were chosen.”
- A Leader’s Actions Speakers Louder Than Their Words – Jenny told Morton, “Somewhere in there fighting to get out is a good man. You saved my life. You gave me the only parachute without hesitation.”
- Leaders Operate In A Fallen And Chaotic World. This Is Why They Are So Desperately Needed. – Dr. Jekyll said, “Evil is a shadow existing just outside our world waiting to come in.”
- Leaders Do Not Attract Who They Want. They Attract Who They Are. – Dr. Jekyll concludes, “Sometimes it does take a monster to fight a monster.”
Once again, this is a fun movie. Go see it and have a great time.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!