47 Meters Down is absolutely tension-filled with a MAJOR twist at the end. The plot is very simple – two sisters, played by Mandy Moore and Claire Holt, are vacationing in Mexico and go cage diving with great white sharks. The wench holding the cage breaks causing it to fall 47 meters down trapping the sisters on the ocean floor. With sharks all around and oxygen in short supply, what ensues next is a fight for survival to get safely back to the surface.
I LOVE shark movies (Sharknado excluded). In fact, The Shallows was one of my favorite films of 2016. 47 Meters Down is all about surprises, tension, suspense, and action. There is only one F-bomb, no GD’s but plenty of blood as you would expect. If you want an edge of your seat thriller, this movie is for you. Go see this while you send the kids to send Cars.
The following are 8 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From 47 Meters Down:
- Tension Is Good – I know many church leaders who constantly teach that tension is good. Their philosophy is when you wrestle with tension the organization will only get better. If you feel that way, you will love 47 Meters Down. From the time the ladies enter the shark cage, there is nothing but tension for the next 70 minutes.
- Smart Leaders Follow Successful Models – 47 Meters Down, originally titled In The Deep, was scheduled for a direct-to-dvd release until last year’s surprise hit The Shallows. Seeing there was an appetite (nice play on words) for this type of genre, momentum now existed for a theatrical release of a similar movie.
- Smart Leaders Trust Your God And Never Ignore The Warning Signs – The ladies had enough information to support a decision to not go cage diving – warnings from the hotel, illegal chumming, severely rusted rigging and cage, and old boat and just an overall subpar operation. If you ever say, “I had a feeling”, there was usually a reason why.
- Only Hire Professionals – The ladies placed themselves in harm’s way by not hiring a quality boat and crew. You get what you pay for. I work with churches on capital campaigns. I see church after church who are more concerned with saving money than raising money. They conduct the campaign themselves or use cheap options ultimately to their demise. They would be so much better off to only hire professionals.
- “Just keep calm. Just keep breathing.” – During times or crisis, leaders must remain calm and not panic.
- “Stay calm. Make a decision.” – When leaving the cage, one of the ladies got lost in the darkness. Her situation required calmness and quick decision-making to get back to the cage.
- Grounded Leaders Are Safer Leaders – The ladies realized sharks attack from below. Therefore, when they left the cage they made sure to remain grounded on the ocean floor.
- Leadership Is All About Making Hard Decisions – The sisters are faced with a choice – die by asphyxiation due to lack of oxygen or risk being killed by sharks. Sometimes leaders are faced with no good options but must move forward regardless.
Once again, I highly recommend 47 Meters Down. Gentlemen, your wife will clutch your arm the entire movie!
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!