On Monday evening, June 26th the NFL Network announced the league’s Top 10 players as voted on by the players. If you are a leader, this is an important list because it shows what talented people admire about their contemporaries.
The following 15 Habits Of The NFL’s Most Successful Players:
- The Most Successful People Are Resilient. They Bounce Back From Adversity. – Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan was rated the 10th best player in the NFL by his peers. Interestingly, he was not rated in the Top 100 in 2016. Teammate Vic Beasley said, “I’m proud of the way Matt bounced back. People doubted…To see him keep the confidence and stay positive, that’s what I admire about him.”
- The Most Successful People Are Versatile. They Are Good At A Lot Of Things. – The Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell was voted the 9th best player in the NFL. Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins said, “You usually have versatile players who are kind ‘of good at a lot of different things. He’s the best at everything. He’s the best running back in this league.”
- The Most Successful People Continually Improve. – New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was rated the league’s 32nd best player after his rookie year in 2015. The following year he improved to #10. This year he climbed even higher to the #8 spot.
- The Most Successful People Have A Great Team Around Them – Dallas Cowboys rookie Ezekiel Elliott running back was rated the 7th best player and the league’s best running back by his peers. It helps that he runs behind the NFL’s best offensive line.
- The Most Successful People Give Their Teammates Great Confidence. – Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers was voted the game’s 6th best player. First let me say – Are you kidding me? I had him rated as the game’s 2nd best player. In any event, after losing four consecutive games in 2016, Rodgers boldly predicted, “I feel like we can run the table. I really do.” He also led the league last year with 40 touchdown passes. The team won its next eight games and made it all the way to the NFC Championship game. For more on Rodgers, read 12 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
- The Most Successful People Lead By Example And Work Hard – Oakland Raiders linebacker Khalil Mack was rated the 5th best player in pro football. Teammate Darrius Heyward-Bey said, “Khalil Mack. Leader. He changed our franchise…Two guys (Mack and quarterback Derek Carr) that was going to change the culture; who was going to go out there and show that hard work was why we were going to win.”
- The Most Successful People Produce Superior Results – Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown came in at #4. Since 2013, Brown’s 481 catches are the most by any player in NFL history over a four-year period.
- The Most Successful People Often Do Not Receive Enough Credit – The Seattle Seahawks incredible cornerback Richard Sherman said of the #3 player, Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones, “I have a ton of respect for him. And even the people who give him credit aren’t giving him enough credit.”
- The Most Successful People Start Fast – The Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller came in at the #2 spot. Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis said, “I’ve kind of watched a bunch of film on him to really try to see how he does what he does. His first step is unlike anything I’ve ever seen.”
- The Most Successful People Have Great Intelligence – The 2017 #1 player in the NFL is the New England Patriots incomparable quarterback Tom Brady. Where do we begin. JJ Watt said, “He is so knowledgeable of the game. He knows every situation that he is in.” But there is more to come on Brady as you will see below.
- The Most Successful People Have Great Passion – Jameis Winston said, “He (Brady) is very passionate about the game. He is always engaged in the game and he is always engaged with his teammates.”
- The Most Successful People Have Great Focus – Teammate James White said, “He (Brady) has the ability to keep us motivated whether we’re up 40 or down 40. Laser focus. Laser focus.”
- The Most Successful People Do Not Quit – Beasley said, “He (Brady) has the ability to not give up. He is a champion because of it.”
- The Most Successful People Still Have Something To Prove – Buffalo Bill guard Richie Incognito said, “When he came back off the (four game) suspension he had something to prove. And we knew it was going to be rough.”
- The Most Successful People Make Their Teammates Successful – Beasley observed, “He (Brady) got (wide receiver Christ) Hogan looking like he’s the offensive player of the year. Nobody even knew who Hogan was. That just shows you the type of player he is that he makes his teammates great.”
What is one thing you learned from the NFL’s best players which can make you a better leader?
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!