Many times I teach leadership to organizations whose people have varying degrees of knowledge on the subject of leadership. Some are experienced leaders. Many are just beginning their journey of influence.
To help provide a foundation for their growth and understanding, I teach the following 10 Commandments Of Leadership. Some of these concepts were taught to me by my spiritual hero Dr. John Maxwell. It is an honor to multiply many of his concepts to others.
You will notice each principle starts with a letter that when added together spells LEADERSHIP.
- Love People – They are your only appreciable asset.
- Excellence – Great leaders demand it from themselves and others. They raise the standard of excellence in their organizations.
- Attitude – It determines your altitude. It determines how high you go in your organization and in life.
- Decision-Making – Your decisions today will determine your success tomorrow. Make smart ones. FYI – The Bible is your best resource for effective decision-making.
- Empowerment – Successful leaders trust others and multiply their mission and vision through great teams.
- Results – Leaders work on the things that yield the highest return for the organization. Count what counts.
- Solutions – Leaders find solutions rather than look for escapes.
- Hope – Smart leaders are optimistic and always point to a brighter tomorrow. After all, why else would anyone follow them?
- Improvement – Successful leaders are humble enough to be continual learners. There will always be a gap in where they are and where God wants them to be. So develop a personal growth plan.
- Private Life – Your private life always determines the sustainability of your public influence. Smart leaders work on their character as much as their competence. When your competence outpaces your character, your influence and position are short-lived.
What is one thing from this list you can work on today to become a better leader?
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!