On March 4, 2016, Bryan Miles, co-founder and CEO of BELAY Solutions, sat down for a revealing interview in the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast. Bryan is an incredible leader and whenever he speaks on the subject of leadership, I listen. You can watch and listen to the full interview by clicking HERE.
If you are unfamiliar with BELAY, they were recently ranked #1 among small companies in the 2017 Top Company Cultures List Presented by Entrepreneur and CultureIQ. Bryan knows what he is talking about.
Before getting to his post, I wanted to let you know BELAY offering 50% off their Implementation Fee during the month of August. The Implementation Fee covers all the up front due diligence required to make a great match between a client and a Virtual Assistant, Bookkeeper, or other service provider. They take the matching process THAT seriously. The IMP Fee is normally $595 and as mentioned, BELAY is currently offering 50% off! If you need staffing or administrative assistance, then at least click HERE or on the image provided and have a conversation with their team. You will be glad you did!
The following are 18 leadership quotes and lessons from Bryan Miles, CEO and co-founder of BELAY Solutions:
- “I hungered for things you could have when you have a successful business. You can have some autonomy.”
- “It’s not like ‘I have to work with my wife.’ It’s like, ‘Wow! I get that talent on my team.'”
- “There is something to be said about looking at your wife as a genuine partner.”
- “Never underestimate the power of communication.”
- “Leverage technology…I have more Zoom calls than I do phone calls with my team.”
- “We add in the DISC profiles and KRAs (Key Result Areas) when hiring…We commit to several interviews via Skype.”
- “We work with a lot of churches in the $1.5 – $2 million range. We also work with a lot of church plants.” – Bryan on churches who work well with virtual assistants
- “When we started working with churches we knew we needed something affordable…A pastor can start working with a virtual assistant for as little as five hours a week. It’s that simple.”
- “We replace onsite assistants who work 35 hours per week with a virtual assistant who works 15 hours per week.”
- “You can mitigate (pastoral) affairs by putting a virtual assistant in.”
- “We’ve grown really quick. We’ve had to deal with a lot of growing pains associated with it.”
- “Riding a rocket while fun, there’s also an element of all sorts people involved in it.”
- “We look for leaders who are agile because we hope to continue to grow.”
- “Our growth impacts people’s lives…It could potentially impact the values of an organization.”
- “We place a lot more value on agility and critical thinking in our interviewing process.”
- “Growing something fast, you got to constantly stay in front of your team with ‘The Why.'”
- “Mid-level managers quickly want to go to ‘How.'”
- “People wrap their hearts around evidence that your mission is working vs. a metric that communicates it’s working.”
What one lesson from this informative session can you implement TODAY to make you a better leader?