This past weekend Houston Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson went toe-to-toe with 5-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady. In the video below, he conquered two even more formidable foes than Brady, greed and hopelessness. Watson is my new favorite player for the extraordinary act of generosity he performed.
Watson gave his entire first game paycheck to stadium employees who were hit hardest by Hurricane Harvey. After watching, read 5 Lessons From Deshaun Watson’s Extraordinary Act Of Generosity:
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) September 27, 2017
The following are 5 Lessons On Generosity I gleaned from the video shown above. All quotes are from Watson.
- Being Generous Is Exciting – “I’m excited to do a little surprise for the cafeteria ladies that’s been helpful for all of us.”
- Generous Leaders Are Approachable – Did you notice when Watson walked into the room no one was in awe of this famous celebrity? Watson is approachable and a normal person.
- Generosity Is An Act Of Appreciation – “For what you do for us every day, you never complain. I really appreciate you and wanted to give my first game check to help you out.”
- Generosity Is A Hand-Up Not A Handout – “Hopefully that helps. Hopefully that helps get you back on your feet.”
- Generous Leaders Follow Up On Their Investments – “Anything else you need I’m always here to help. No problem.”
What are your thoughts on Watson’s extraordinary act of generosity?
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!