As a member of the Catalyst Blog Team and INJOY Stewardship Solutions, I will be bringing you live updates from the much anticipated Catalyst Conference in Atlanta, GA. The theme for this year’s conference is Of Good Courage.
Next up was the incomparable Bob Goff. Bob is the founder and president of Restore International, a non-profit organization established to address the atrocities and injustices committed against children. His book Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World is a must-have for any Christian leader.
Also, as a special gift to everyone reading these posts, INJOY Stewardship would like to invest in your leadership by offering you the FREE ebook How To Disciple Financial Leaders. Click HERE or on the image below to receive your complimentary copy.
The following are 31 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from his incredible session:
- “Do I want to be right or do I want to be Jesus?”
- “Being Jesus is not easy but it’s simple.”
- “i just don’t have time to be arguing with people.”
- “Jesus doesn’t need a lawyer. He just needs people who will be like Him.”
- “I’m not trying to be like her (Sweet Maria). And she’s not trying to be like me. We’re trying to be like Jesus.”
- “Love everybody.”
- “It doesn’t make Truth more true to be burning down other people’s opinions. It makes us arsonists.”
- “Love Does doesn’t have any Bible verses. If you want Bible verses, read the Bible. It’s got a bunch of them.”
- “We’re trying to housebreak our puppy. The only thing it’s missed is the lawn.”
- “Of all the names in Scripture, he calls us ‘beloved.”’
- “If you’re not hearing the name ‘beloved’ being spoken over you right now, it ain’t Jesus.”
- “Faith ain’t easy but it’s simple.”
- “We were born to be brave.”
- “I want people to remember us not for our opinions but our love for Jesus.”
- “I don’t think people lead people to Jesus. I think Jesus leads people to Jesus.”
- “We don’t need to be Jesus’s lawyer.”
- “Jesus never had a problem with people who were confused. He had a problem with people who were faking it.”
- “Are you willing to do what it takes to get what you want?”
- “Fail trying. Don’t fail watching.”
- “Do you want Jesus so much you are willing to love people who creep you out?”
- “What can God do with what you already have? It starts with gratitude.”
- “God wants you to make something beautiful with your life.”
- “How is your life working for the people around you?”
- “Don’t be childish. We got that nailed. Be childlike.”
- “Failure isn’t our boss anymore.”
- “We need to stop letting other people tell us who we are.”
- “There are a lot of scary people who are getting us off topic.”
- “People who disagree with me, I just assume they’re smarter than me.”
- “If our roots go deep, then our branches will go wide.”
- “I don’t want people to meet my opinions. I want them to meet Christ.”
- “I don’t care what my faith looks like. I care what it is.”
So far it has been an incredible morning. The next speaker will be Christy Wright!
As mentioned above, INJOY Stewardship Solutions is offering all pastors and church leaders the FREE resource How To Disciple Financial Leaders. Preaching on money is tough. While it is very important, you don’t want people to think you are just after their money. In this eBook, we discuss how to disciple and shepard the financial leaders in your church with integrity and effectiveness. Click HERE or on the image below to receive your complimentary copy.