As a member of the Catalyst Blog Team and INJOY Stewardship Solutions, I will be bringing you live updates from the much anticipated Catalyst Conference in Atlanta, GA. The theme for this year’s conference is Of Good Courage.
The next speaker for Catalyst were sociologist Dr. Brene Brown, author of the new book Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone. She spoke on the topic of true belonging.
Also, as a special gift to everyone reading these posts, INJOY Stewardship would like to invest in your leadership by offering you the FREE ebook How To Disciple Financial Leaders. Click HERE or on the image below to receive your complimentary copy.
The following are 19 Leadership Quotes and Lessons from her session. Also included are 8 additional comments by Carlos Whitaker.
- “I have found courage in the cross. That is where we find courage.”
- “Being human is hard but there is hope.”
- “The only that works is not striving but surrender.”
- “Courage is not found in striving but surrender.”
- “A spider is an agreement that you made with a lie. A cobweb is a medicator that brings false comfort to that lie.”
- “A lie – your worth is equal to your platform.”
- “Our role as believers is to bring Heaven to Earth.”
- “God did not send Jesus here so you could handle your anxiety. God send Jesus so you could have freedom.”
- “I could mark the time in my life when not belonging.”
- “In the absence of belonging, there is always suffering.”
- “Belonging is something we carry in our heart. The depth of our true value will never be greater than when we are willing to stand alone.”
- “The Four Practices Of Belonging”
- “1. High Lonesome – constant sorrow. We become the most sordid factions of Americans in history. We decide where we live, go to church, school, and shop based upon political ideology.”
- “80% of American counties delivered landslide victories for either Clinton or Trump.”
- “As we become more sordid, we become more lonely. We are the loneliest we have ever been as a country.”
- “Loneliness for a social species like we are, loneliness is life threatening. Loneliness is a better of an early death than smoking cigarettes.”
- “Terrorism is time released fear.”
- “The goal of terrorism that fear embeds in a community so it turns on each other. We are not good with fear.”
- “We are our worst selves in fear.”
- “We are in a spiritual crisis of disconnection.”
- “We have a call to courage which is very difficult.”
- “People are hard to hate close up. Move in closer.”
- “No one said during Hurricane Harvey let me help you. Who did you vote for?”
- “Hating has caused the rampant dehumanization of people.”
- “The question is not whether you are on the right or left. The question is what side of mankind are you on.”
- “Dehumanization thoughout all of history is the first step of genocide.”
- “If you’re talking about the Gospel and no one ever walks out, you need a stronger back.”
Andy Stanley is interviewing Bill Hybels next. I can’t wait!
As mentioned above, INJOY Stewardship Solutions is offering all pastors and church leaders the FREE resource How To Disciple Financial Leaders. Preaching on money is tough. While it is very important, you don’t want people to think you are just after their money. In this eBook, we discuss how to disciple and shepard the financial leaders in your church with integrity and effectiveness. Click HERE or on the image below to receive your complimentary copy.