Every ministry team member at your church should reviewed at least twice per year. While this sounds daunting and intimidating to some reading this post, I have teamed up with Shawn Lovejoy and Courage To Lead to make this process easy for you.
Click HERE or on the image at the bottom of this post to receive a FREE 17-page ebook with all the forms you need to deliver effective performance reviews. This resource will streamline your process, make reviews much easier, and relieve stress for all involved.
Here are a few tips:
- Every team member must complete the Performance and Development Review (once again, click HERE to download the forms) prior to their scheduled review date.
- Every ministry team member who is responsible for reviewing a team member must complete a Performance and Development Review on that particular person by completing their portion of these forms.
- Schedule one hour for review time.
- The person being reviewed should lead out by going over the review line by line.
- Pay attention to areas where there are disagreements or surprises, these types of surprises present the greatest opportunity for development.
- Make sure you are completely honest during review times.
- Each review should include 2-3 actions steps for development.
When it comes to pastoral and ministry staff coaching, the team at Courage To Lead is as good as it gets. If you are wanting to improve systems and take your ministry to the next level. Click HERE and start a conversation about a coaching partnership.