Bc it’s bigger than you pic.twitter.com/tqZphsUndC
— Bryce Petty (@b_petty14) November 3, 2017
Bryce Petty’s Twitter profile says, “Jesus won so we could lose, Jesus succeeded so we could fail 1 Peter 5:6-7” Bryce is a Christian. He is a leader. Many people know him as one of the most successful quarterbacks in Baylor’s history and the current back-up for the New York Jets. But the 22-second video shown above tells you all you need to know about this man and his leadership.
The following are 9 Lessons for Self-Absorbed Leaders I gleaned from the video above:
- As the text says, “its bigger than you”. Leadership is never about you.
- Leadership is always temporary. Be a wonderful steward of your influence while you have it.
- Those who arrive early get the greatest blessings. Fans who arrived late did not get to play catch with a NFL quarterback.
- Great leaders build bridges and connect with others.
- Great leaders prioritize the next generation and invest in them.
- Great leaders create positive memories for others.
- Great leaders build margin into their lives to impact others.
- Leaders have a limited amount of time. Use it impact the lives of others.
- Great leaders are generous. Leaders will always be remembered by what they gave away, not what they accumulated.
Thank you Bryce for making time for those attending Thursday evening’s game. May God continue to bless all your efforts.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!