Wonder is absolutely well, wonderful!!! Based on the best-selling book, Wonder is the story of August “Auggie” Pullman, a young child who was born with a facial disease called mandibulofacial dystosis, also known as “Treacher Collins syndrome.”
As Auggie enters public education in the 5th grade, Wonder gives a heartwarming account of strong parenting, acceptance of differences and compassion. In fact, the parenting of Nate and Isabel Pullman, played brilliantly by Owen Wilson and Julia Roberts, has caused me to update my The Top 20 Leadership Movies Of The Last 20 Years.
Justice League is getting all the press but this is the movie to see this Thanksgiving weekend. Wonder is absolutely delightful and THE must-see family movie of the holiday season!!
The following are 25 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Wonder The Movie. No explanations are needed as the quotes stand on their own!
- “Meeting kids is harder than meeting adults.” – Auggie played by Jacob Tremblay
- “You can learn a lot about people by looking at their shoes.” – Auggie
- “I know I’m cool but technically most dads aren’t.” – Nate
- “You’re going to feel like you’ve all alone but you’re not.” – Nate
- “Dear God please make them be nice to him.” – Isabel
- “If you don’t like where you are, picture where you want to be.” – Auggie
- “Who do I aspire to be? That’s the question we should be asking ourselves all the time.” – Auggie’s teacher Mr. Browne
- “When given the choice between being right or kind, choose kind.” – A precept taught by Mr. Browne in class
- “You are not ugly Auggie… Because I’m your mom it counts the most because I know you the most.” – Isabel
- “You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.” – Auggie’s sister Via, played by Izabela Vidovic
- “We all have marks on our face. This is the map that shows where we’ve been and it’s never, ever ugly.” – Isabel
- “What evil man created dodgeball?” – Auggie
- “School sucks and people change and those are the rules.” – Via
- “Your deeds are your monuments.” – Another precept taught in Mr. Browne’s class
- “Good friends are worth defending.” – School principal Mr. Tushman, played by Mandy Patinkin
- “Real friends are hard to find.” – Auggie
- Parents of a soon-to-be suspended student said, “We have a lot of friends on the school board.” Tushman answered, “I have more.”
- “Auggie can’t change the way he looks. Maybe we can change the way we see.” – Tushman
- “Auggie, I am proud of you for sticking it out.” -Nate
- “I know you don’t always like it but I love it. It’s my son’s face. I want to see it.” – Nate
- “Thank you for making me go to school.” – Auggie to his mother
- “You are a wonder Auggie. You are a wonder.” – Isabel
- “Greatness is not being strong but using strength to carry the most hearts.” – Tushman
- “We all need a standing ovation at least once in our life.” – Auggie
- “Be kind for everyone is fighting a hard battle. Be kind.” – Auggie
Once again, this movie is fabulous. Everyone, especially kids, should see it.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!