For three days, over 80,000 high school and college students will be descending on Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C. as part of the 2018 Passion Conference to give glory and honor to Jesus Christ.
Led by Louie and Shelley Giglio, Passion is more than a conference. Passion exists to see a generation leverage their lives for what matters most – to live in such a way that their journey on earth counts for what is most important in the end. For the team at Passion, that’s the fame of the One who rescues and restores, and the privilege to amplify His name in everything we do.
Passion is you and me saying goodbye to lesser things and saying yes to Jesus, the One whose name is above every name.
The following are Live Blog From Passion 2018: 30 Leadership Lessons And Quotes From Louie Giglio and John Piper:
- The God of Heaven loves us and the God of Heaven pursues us.
- The God of Heaven is inviting us into His story.
Dr. John Piper
- If you lay gold in the dust, the Almighty will be your gold.
- If you’re delighting in gold more than God you are an idolater.
- It is possible for a preacher to speak truth about God in a way that makes Him angry.
- Every time you hear someone speaks you may hear true things mixed with false things.
- True things may be spoken in false ways.
- When you lift your hands in worship you are not being asked to turn your brain off.
- If God is your gold He will be your gladness.
- If God is your treasure He will be your pleasure.
- God is to be treasured, God is to be enjoyed, more than His gifts.
- Pleasure in God, treasuring God, is finding pleasure in a person. Not a thing or actions.
- Nothingness can’t give rise to something.
- Ultimate reality is a person.
- You and I and everyone in this room are sinners.
- We need someone to bear our guilt and condemnation. That’s what Jesus did.
- He died to bring us to a person.
- We know the love of a person by the loving actions of that person.
- One of the best indicators of your love for God is the enjoyment of human people.
- None of you enjoys God without the work of the Holy Spirit.
- What is the highest obligation puts on me?
- The greatest commandment is that you love God. The flesh turns love into deeds.
- The essence of loving is not doing. The essence of loving is delighting when God is the object.
- Loving God first is not working for God.
- The heart is not an organ of performance. It is an organ of preference.
- Christ-like love for people is the overflow from a love for God.
- You won’t love people if you are not satisfied in God.
- The glory of God is the greatest reality in the universe.
- We exist to magnify that beauty.
- To make God look glorious, that’s why you’re here. If you aren’t doing that you’re failing.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From 2016’s Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!