On December 31st, I provided my annual listing of The Top 35 Blogs Christian Leaders Need To Read In 2018 as a resource for pastors and Christian leaders. As is my annual custom, I am now posting my follow-up, The Top 30 Christian Leaders You Should Be Following On Twitter In 2018.
The challenge of this post is you could literally compose a list of hundreds of individuals. Therefore, I narrowed my criteria down to a list of 10 traits I looked for:
- If mentioned in The Top 35 Blogs, you were excluded. My desire is to expose you to as many great Christian leaders as possible.
- If you only provide the “Quote of the Day” you were omitted.
- Are you generous with information pointing me to other great blog posts, writers, or Christian leaders?
- Do you challenge me and make me look at things in a new way?
- Do you provide great tools and resources?
- Do you break news?
- Are you relevant?
- Do you provide solutions?
- Do you answer questions leaders are asking?
- Do you relieve pressure for Christian leaders by making us laugh?
With that as my criteria, the following are The Top 30 Christian Leaders You Should Be Following On Twitter In 2018 listed in alphabetical order except for the first one:
- @MuseumOfTheBible – I am so proud to promote this project. If you can only follow one person or organization on Twitter, this is the one. Opened in November 2017 in Washington D.C., this is an innovative, global, educational institution, whose purpose is to invite all people to engage with the history, the impact, and the narrative of the Bible. Click HERE for more information.
- @JonAcuff – Jon is a speaker, comedian, and New York Times bestselling author of Do Over: Make Today The First Day Of Your New Career. No one makes me laugh more on Twitter.
- @AussieDave – In addition to being named my The #1 Person You Should Follow On Instagram And Why, Dave Adamson is the Social Media Director for North Point Community Church. Also, his photography and devotions are spotlighted in his new book Chasing The Light: 90 Days Of Devotions & Photos To Grow Your Faith. I cannot recommend it enough. Make sure you today by clicking HERE!
- @FBealer – Frank Bealer is one of my favorite young leaders in Christianity. He is the CEO of Phase Family Centers and Executive Director of Leadership Development at the Orange / The Rethink Group. He is also the author of the incredibly practical new book The Myth of Balance: Thriving In The Tension Of Ministry, Work and Life.
- @ChristineCaine – The Founder of The A21 Campaign & Propel Women is an inspiration to all of us. In addition to maybe being the most dynamic Christian speaker in the world, thousands of lives have been rescued from slavery because of her organization. To learn more from Christine, click Passion 2018: 32 Leadership Lessons And Quotes From Christine Caine.
- @SamChand – Do you want just sheer smarts and intelligence, all flowing from biblical framework? No one is better than Dr. Chand. He is one of the world’s most respected theologians and consultant to pastors. Make sure you get his new book Bigger, Faster Leadership: Lessons From The Builders Of The Panama Canal. It is amazing!
- @LeonceCrump – Léonce Crump Jr., is an author, international speaker, and the founder and lead pastor of Renovation Church in Atlanta. He is currently a church consultant, highly-sought after conference speaker, and a member of the Acts 29 church planting network.
- @JustinJDean – Justin is a good friend with an amazing story. The former Communications Director at Mars Hill Church during Mark Driscoll’s leadership, Justin is a social media guru, founder of That Church Conference, and author of #PR Matters: A Survival Guide For Church Communicators.
- @elevation_wrshp – If you want to stay abreast in the latest in Christian worship music, then make sure you follow Elevation Worship. You will also want to follow @Bethel_Worship, @hillsongworship, @passion268 and @Jesusculture
- @minkfitz_21 – The Alabama Crimson Tide’s Minkah Fitzpatrick is the best defensive. player in college football. But he also teaches a Bible study and loves Jesus. As his Twitter account says, “God told me this movie will write itself, to spread love, be wise and let foolery fight itself.”
- @DerwinLGray – When I am asked who do I respect most as a pastor and man, Derwin Gray is one of the names I mention. He is the author of the book The High Definition Leader and incomparable pastor of Transformation Church. Pastor Gray is one of America’s leading voices on multi-ethnic, multi-generational ministry. A dear friend and amazing leader!
- @RevHoward18 – Meghan Howard is the Associate Pastor at Fairborn (OH) United Methodist Church and is one of the most competent leaders you will ever meet. She is also becoming one of America’s leading experts on how churches can best leverage social media. Megan also hosts a wonderful podcast with
@JnetteYates and @revhoward18 — http://ht.ly/FtRd30hB6f8 More info at http://twochurchgirls.com/ or @twochurchgirls
- @JohnnyMHunt – Pastor Johnny is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Woodstock (GA). There are few people I admire more than this wonderful Man of God. For more from Pastor Johnny read his challenging book Demolishing Strongholds: Finding Victory Over The Struggles That Hold You Back. His February 2nd and 3rd Men’s Conference is a can’t miss event for me. Click HERE for more details.
- @Calebwilds – Caleb Kaltenbach is arguably the most humble, transparent and broken pastor I have ever met. His book Messy Grace: How a Pastor with Gay Parents Learned to Love Others Without Sacrificing Conviction is a must read for anyone wanting to impact current culture.
- @Clayton_King – Clayton is the pastor of NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC. He is a Professor of Evangelism at Anderson University and the founder of Clayton King Ministries, a non-profit organization that exists to preach the Gospel and make disciples. He has a true anointing in terms of reaching teens, college students, and adults for Christ.
- @M – Mike is the amazing pastor of NorthStar Church. If your church wants to know how to do effective community ministry, make sure you follow Mike. I also feel he is the friendliest pastor I know. To learn why, click You Will Never Be A Friendly Church Without This One Thing. Mike’s podcast Linch With A Leader has quickly become one of my go-to resources. You can listen via: http://mikelinch.com , iTunes, or Stitcher Radio.
- @MLukaszewski – Michael is founder of Church Fuel, an organization which provides pastors and church leaders insanely practical tools and resources. Because of his social commentary, he is also one of the funniest people on Twitter.
- @CrawfordLoritts – No one packs more truth and content in 140 characters than the incredible senior pastor of Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, GA. You should also follow his son, the amazing Bryan Loritts at @BCLoritts . For more from Pastor Crawford, click 53 Leadership Quotes From Crawford Loritts About The Courage Needed To Be A Godly Man.
- @LeviLusko – Levi is the author of the bestselling book Through the Eyes of a Lion and pastor of Fresh Life Church, a multisite church in Montana and Utah founded with his wife Jennie.
- @MilesMcPherson – Miles is the Founder and Pastor of
@therocksandiego. Miles is also a writer, motivational speaker, and former NFL player who is helping others lead lives of meaning and impact.
- @BryanMiles and his wife @ShannonkMiles are the CEO & Co-Founders of
@belay_solutions. Together, they are having a blast developing leaders & helping them grow their businesses with a virtual workforce. Make sure you order Bryan’s new book Virtual Culture: The Way We Work Doesn’t Work Anymore, a Manifesto.
- @WondHerFul – Heather Funk Polacios serves at Church By The Glades and is one of the most inspirational people on Twitter. She is also a mental health advocate. Boom!
- @IkeReighard – I love this man. Trust me, no one knows more about church growth and community ministry than the delightful pastor of Piedmont Church in Marietta, GA. Don’t believe me, click HERE.
- @PriscillaShirer – She describes herself simply as “Just a girl…with a Sword.” Well that sword is the Bible and she know how to wield it! The star of War Room is one of the most dynamic and anointed Bible teachers in Christianity.
- @Sports_Spectrum – Hosted and produced by @JasonRomano, this twitter account and podcast are must-follows by anyone interested in the intersection of sports and faith. There is not a more inspirational hour I listen to each week. Also, if you are struggling with “daddy issues”, order Jason’s book Live to Forgive: Moving Forward When Those We Love Hurt Us. It is a must-read!
- @MariaTaylor7 – Maria talks sports for a living as part of ESPN’s College Gameday. But what really makes her distinctive is her relationship with Christ. She told Sports Spectrum, “It was a long and tedious journey and figuring out that I’m not the athleticism, I’m not any of the skills I have. I am who God is in me. And that’s it. That has helped me a lot.”
- Johnny “JT” Terrazas – There is not a kinder pastor an America than Pastor JT of Hope City Community Church in El Paso, TX. This is an incredible man and pastor who everyone should know about.
- @VP – Mike Pence is a husband, father, dynamic Christian and one more thing – the 48th Vice President of the United States. God has given this man incredible influence and responsibility. His biblical worldview and character is to be admired. The Bible commands us to pray for those in authority and it is an honor to do so for this great man.
- @Cj_Wentz and @TreyBurton8 – I could choose countless athletes but I want to spotlight the Philadelphia Eagles’s quarterback Carson Wentz and Trey Burton. God is literally doing a revival on the Eagles. To learn more click The Spiritual Faith Of The Philadelphia Eagles And Quarterback Carson Wentz. I would also be remiss if I did not mention @deshaunwatson. For the most extravagant act of generosity I witnessed in 2017, click 5 Lessons From Deshaun Watson’s Extraordinary Act Of Generosity.
- @ScottWilliams – OK, this guy does it all and is one of America’s leading social media experts. He is also a husband, father, church consultant, internationally-renowned speaker and has brilliant insights on modern culture. You will also get a big dose on all things Oklahoma sports! He is a must-follow.
Well, that is my list. There is no way you could ever include everyone but as you can see, I’m partial to pastors and Bible teachers. I will be releasing a follow-up Part 2 list in July. So if you want to suggest names, you can do so by connecting me with on Twitter here.
Click HERE or on the image to the left and as a free gift for subscribing to this site, you can receive my new Ebook 1269 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths From Top Christian Leadership Conferences. Featured are the Johnny Hunt Mens Conference, ReThink Leadership, Orange and Leadercast Conferences among others. If applied, these insights will make you an exponentially better leader. Enjoy!!!